« Live cell therapy, formerly known as NIEHANS therapy after the doctor who invented it, consisted of administering parenteral injections of a saline solution containing a suspension of varying quantities of crushed animal tissue taken from a fetus or a young adult as soon as possible after slaughter. » by Dr. René HENRY, member of the Association Médicale Française pour l’Etude de la Thérapeutique Cellulaire in 1956.
In the sixteenth century, PARACELSUS find evidence of conscious organ therapy: « The heart heals the heart, the kidney heals the kidney. »
In 1857, the Frenchman Claude Bernard opened the way to experimentation and focused on hormone therapy.
The initial foundations of cell therapy were laid down by the French surgeon and biologist Alexis CARREL in 1912. A Nobel prize-winner in Medicine, he showed for the first time in history the revitalizing and regenerating effect of young cells when brought into contact with aged or degenerating cells.
A few years later, in 1931, Paul NIEHANS had a revelation about the therapeutic potential of isolated live cells.
At his clinic in Montreux-Switzerland, NIEHANS injected more than 10,000 patients over 20 years.
In France during the fifties and sixties, a group of French doctors followed more than 7,000 patients resulting in more than 18,000 courses of treatment and nearly 70,000 injections.
At the same time in Germany and Switzerland, there were more than 500 practitioners totaling tens of thousands of injections.